This year has seen us living in the midst of a pandemic, a time we could of never prepared for, so take a minute to acknowledge how much strength, hope and resilience it has taken to get to this point. The most amazing blessing for me that has come from it, is that it has deepened my connection to Sikhi, Waheguru and Gurbani. The inner work that I have had to do has intensified in such a way that it has got me to a place that would of otherwise taken me years to get to. Here are 20 of many lessons I have learned this year that will continue to enrich my life going forwards..
· Your inner world creates your outer reality. All that will matter, all that will ever amount to anything, is the relationship you have with the world you carry around inside of you.
· God often isolates those whom He chooses, so that we have nowhere to turn except to Him, and then He reveals Himself to us. When we put God first, all other things fall into their proper place or drop out of our lives.
· If you don’t know what to do, don’t do anything.
· Investing in yourself and trusting God through the ups and downs will always bring you the greatest rewards.
· Prayer and gratitude is the real currency for survival. Sometimes you need to take a step back to realise the worth of all that you already have and thank God for everything and everyone He has so graciously gifted. Our life is ultimately in His hands.
· You can’t calm the storm so stop trying. What you can do is calm yourself, the storm will pass.
· Your health and those of your loved ones is the greatest wealth.
· Perception is the lens through which we interpret experiences and when we change the lens we change how we experience.
· What God knows about you is so much more important than what others think about you. Be who you are, don’t change yourself for anything or anyone. How other people perceive you is irrelevant, God made you that way for a reason.
· In a world where everyone wears a mask it’s a privilege to see a soul.
· Being happy in your own company is the foundation to inner peace. Create your own version of happiness. It starts from within, you don’t need to search outside.
· No one can block the blessings that God has for you, not even yourself. You can’t mess up anything that is meant for you. Stop overthinking, let go of the outcome and go with the flow. Trust your intuition and let your mind, heart and soul guide you on this journey of life.
· It is how we embrace the uncertainty in our lives that leads to the great transformation of our souls.
· You are built to handle the pressure that comes with your purpose, you will always be provided with the people and resources that you need.
· Don’t wish away your days waiting for better ones ahead. Life is designed to be lived in the present because it’s all you ever have.
· Vulnerability will lead to deep and meaningful connections that will help you thrive in life.
· In solitude the mind gains strength and learns to lean upon itself, freedom is a state of mind.
· Take care of yourself first, you can’t serve from an empty vessel.
· The darkest times will always be part of your light.
· With the grace of God we have the power to manifest the life we want, don’t settle for anything less than you deserve.
As we continue towards the uncertainty that lies ahead, hope you can take some time out to reflect on all of the blessings and lessons you want to take forward with you. Remember God has been, is and will always be with you every step of the way.